Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, September 3, 2018

Flash Fiction Scene




Hi,

Hope all are enjoying their Labor Day Holiday. Myself, I’ve been finalizing the last few aspects of Merciful Wolf, Human-Skinned Wolves Book 6. Doesn’t mean I can’t take a few minutes out to give you guys your weekly Flash Fiction Fix.

Hope you enjoy and are able to let your imagination soar.
Julia

* * *
If under 18 please leave site.
Unedited Scene
* * *

Karen ran her hand over her face, groaning at the mess spread across the rich brown hardwood floor. What had Danny been thinking. He knew her boss was stopping by to drop off some last minute briefs that he needed typed up. He knew how important her job was to him. Did he totally forget his mind during the Full Moon.

“Uh . . . I don’t . . .”

“Do not give me an excuse.” She snapped and snatched up an empty pizza box. “I know you turn all furry and stalk mice once a month, but does that mean you have to draw everyone in the damn neighborhood to our home?”

“I . . . Sorry.”

“Sorry doesn’t cover this mess.” She shoved the box into his arms. “Help me get this shit up.”

“Do you really think I hunt mice?” Danny laid the box down and disappeared into the kitchen, returning with a huge black bag.

“I don’t know.” She didn’t. He did not give her details about that aspect of his life. All he’d told her was that he was a Cat Shifter and that once a month he would fade into a large cat that she needed to avoid. She’d made sure to do so. Normally. That night had been the first time she’d came to the house on a Full Moon. “Why is there such a mess?”

“Some of the . . . A few of my . . . Had some company.”

“You telling me that every month I leave you to have a boys night out?”

“No.” Danny dropped a armful of empty chip bags into the garbage bag. “Sometimes.”

“Not again.” She dropped the empty bear box. “You can go elsewhere each full moon. I’m not giving up my house again for your . . . furry ass.”

“Huh?” Danny froze where he stood. “I . . . This is the only place . . .”

“I know it is, but you can spend the night in the woods if you have to have space.” She crossed her arms. “or at one of your buddies houses.” She kicked a half full box of sodas. “That or I’m out.” She was tired of being in the dark. If he had not other option than to keep that aspect of his life from him, then he could keep it out of their place.

No comments:

Post a Comment