Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, August 11, 2014

Guest Author Post

Today we have a Guest Author

I’m thrilled to have Corinna Underwood author of A Walk On The Darkside with us. She’s going to give us some insight into the main character of A Walk on the Darkside.

A Walk On The Darkside

By Corinna Underwood

Pearl Blackthorn is a novelist and investigative reporter for Darkside paranormal magazine. Armed with her digital recorder and accompanied by her friend and photographer Harry Raymond, Pearl is sent by her editor J.J Benson - affectionately known as Benny - to the four corners of Great Britain, (and sometimes further), to investigate stories of spirits and specters, demons and doppelgangers, prophecy and possession. The problem is, Pearl doesn’t believe in the supernatural; her creative imagination is tempered by a strong skepticism. She is immovable on her stand that there is always a simple, rational explanation behind every report of paranormal activity. But Pearl soon realizes that the intricacies of paranormal events are often far from simple and not always rational.


Ten Things you Didn't Know About Pearl Blackthorn

Why did you start writing?
I loved reading from a very early age, particularly fairy tales and folklore from all over the word. I used to enjoy losing myself in these stories so much that I began to create my own. I published the first book in my Grave Matters series when I was 20. Shortly after I began writing for J.J. Benson's paranormal magazine Darkside.

What is the besting about writing for you?
Unhindered freedom.

Name some of your favorite authors?
It’s a very long list but near the top are The Brothers Grimm, Angela Carter, Virginia Wolf, Italo Calvino, Jeanette Walls, and Michael David Lukas.

Do you listen to music while you write?
I often listen to Bach or Mozart while I write.

Where do you do most of your writing?
I like to be surrounded by books when I write. My writing room in my apartment has walls lined with books. I also enjoy writing in my friend's book shop. However, inspiration will often strike in the most unusual of places so I always carry a note book and pen wherever I go whether I'm hiking, visiting a historic site or just riding the bus.

What is the most inspiration place you have ever visited?
That would be the Valley of the Kings in Egypt. It is the only place I have ever visited that is completely silent. Its beauty, stillness and sense of peace are awe inspiring.

Where is the next place you want to visit?
I’m planning a trip to Japan's Aogashima Island to see the ancient volcano.

What makes you laugh?
Great British comedy shows, the rain on my face and

What would you like to be if you were not a writer?
A bird. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be able to fly?

What do you enjoy when you’re not writing?
Reading, visiting historic sites and spending quality time with good friends.



Corinna, thanks for sharing your time with us today. It’s been a blast learning about A Walk On The Darkside. Hope everyone will pick up their own copy of A Walk On The Darkside for themselves. It can be found Amazon. If you’d like to contact Corinna Underwood her website is: www.ambiguousmedia.net and she has a blog by Pearl Blackthorn at http://pearlblackthorn.blogspot.com/

Everyone have a great day and remember let your imagination soar when you read,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment