Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, September 15, 2014

What Made Me Chose My Current Writing Genres?

The other day I got asked a question. One I found myself wondering about as well. Like with anything that stumps me I sat down to write about it. It was enlightening and informative, which made me wanted to share it with my readers. I hope it gives them a bit of better insight into who I am.

Question was:
What made me choose to write Adult Paranormal Romance and M/M Paranormal Romance?

Answer:
I’ve always been interested in witchcraft and mythical animals, such as Unicorns. I’d always been a huge fan of werewolf movies. The different kinds of legends among the world about them intrigued me. So, when I began to let myself free write I found my love for these two coming to life in each and ever idea. Wasn’t like I didn’t understand the concept of the genre. I read it for the last ten years. Actually, my choice to write in this genre confused my parents. They always figured I’d lean more towards murder mysteries or write more like my favorite author, Stephen King. I love his books, my creative mind lays more towards the mythical side, and for my mind that translates into Adult Paranormal Romance and M/M Paranormal Romance. Now, I’m not ruling out that I won’t every attempt to write in other classifications, because I love a good challenge and straying from what I’m accustom to, would be a huge challenge.

Hope all has an amazing week.
Remember let your imagination soar while reading.

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment