Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, August 20, 2018

Flash Fiction Scene



Hi,

I know it’s been a couple of weeks since I posted. Sorry for that. Things have been a bit crazy around the house and it has taken me some down time to get going again. I hope that the last few days of editing, and making my weekly post is a sign of more days among the world of words.

Today’s scene simply comes from my fingers flying across the board while I sip my Cold Brew and stare at a black and white photo of an large mythical bird flying through a cove of flowers, trees, and other black and white plants that my mind can vividly see as bright green.

I hope the scene allows you to let your mind soar while you read.

Julia

* * *
If under 18 leave
Unedited Scene
M/M Scene
* * *

He chewed on the fingernails that no longer existed – who named there son Ox – praying that he got the approval required for him and Ox to be one for the rest of their lives. It wasn’t an easy process. Ox had to prove to his leader that I had a solid understanding of Ox’s strange way of life. How did one do that? How could someone ensure another person, a powerful person, a man of authority, that someone could accept that soon as Ox, a man that was loved more than someone entire life, had the approval that he would have to answer to Ox. Hand over his entire life. There’d be no more making decision about his life. Ox would have the last say on what he could do. Where he could work. If he could work. How the housework would be done, even though Ox would never lift a finger to help. That once he sealed himself to Ox that he, a man, would be able to conceive a child. Not something that he totally understood, but he could accept it. Not like he hadn’t dreamed of children. Just not carrying them. He’d seen him and Ox going to adopt a little boy, or girl, that needed a home.

Basically, Ox had to prove that the man he chose, the man he knew would accept that buried deep in side him was a wild, untamed demon, who required total control.

The door squeaked as it opened. Ox’s tall, broad shoulders fill the doorway. There was no smile. No frown. Simply stoic expression. He propped himself against the doorframe and then held his hand out to him.

“Well?” he made his way over to his man.

“Come give your life over to me.”

They had it. Ox had done it. They would be one for the rest of their lives.

“You changed your mind?” a deep voice rumbled behind him, making him sprint over to Ox and wrap his arms around his waist.

“No, Sir.”

“You feared getting my approval?”

Ox stpped out fo the doorway, revealing a man that’s head all but brushed the top of the doorframe.

“Yes, Sir.”

Ox hugged him tighter, giving him a light squeeze. “My man fears everything. I bet he had been chewing on the tips of his fingers.”

“You mean fingernails?” Ox’s leader said.

“No.” Ox lifted his hand and showed them to the stranger. “You see he has a bad habit, that I can’t seem to break him of.”

“The combining might solve that problem.”

“When can we have it, Sir?”

“Soon as you leave.” The man patted Ox’s shoulder. “Go start your new life. Take my greatest happiness with you and bring your man into our world and start the next phase of your life.”

Ox nodded and tugged him towards the main door, nodding at the woman sitting behind the receptions desk.



No comments:

Post a Comment