Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, August 27, 2018

Flash Fiction Scene


Hi,

Hope all had a great week. Mine was full of some light preparing for upcoming NaNoWrMo. Can’t believe it is a little over two months away. That also means I have to get the final edit done on Merciful Wolf, Human-Skinned Wolves Book 6 and the cover designed. Lots of work coming my way. Thankfully, I have a light week next week and can devote lots of time to editing. Before I dive into that, I wanted to share this flash fiction scene with you.

Hope you enjoy and remember, let your imagination soar when you read.
Julia


* * *
If under 18 leave
Unedited Scene
M/M Content
* * *

Cain wiped the sweat off his forehead and pressed the balls of his feet into the pavement, refusing to rush across the street and claw the life from the bear that wrapped his short brown fur covered legs around Lady Beauty. Lady Beauty had been promised to her by Lord Draft. Everyone knew this. Lord Draft had sent out the notice some five years ago. The day the two of them ran across Lady Beauty. The day that Lord Draft approached her, questioning her as to why she had not reported herself to him. Lord Draft hadn’t been upset, or angry, but been stern about the laws. Laws that Lady Beauty had been clueless to. She had swore that she had no idea that anyone like her hid among Earth. Her mother had always told her she was a special lady and that her life would be long and lonely. It had been in that minute that Cain made a promise to prove her wrong. He had reached down his mental path with Lord Draft and claimed her as his in that moment. Lord Draft had agreed and sealed them together then, but told him he had to wait until she was ready to accept him. A fact that had not set well with Cain, but a fact he understood and agreed to watch over her from afar. The first time he saw the Bear Shifter clamber up to her backyard he had gone to Lord Draft and informed him that he would be approaching her and taking her into him. Lord Draft had agreed and wished him luck. That had been ten days ago. He had waited and watched to see how integrated the Bear Shifter had inserted himself into Lady Beauty’s life. The bear had visited her twice a day. Each time Lady Beauty took him inside for a couple of hours and then the bear left. That hadn’t been the case that day. They had remained outside. The bear remained in bear form and sat down, opening his bear arms up to her. She had walked into them and sat down, letting him wrap her up in them. That had been the last straw. There would be no more of that . She belonged to him. It was him that she should come to for comfort. The Bear Shifter knew the laws, he was sure of that. It had been that even that had him fighting for control. Fighting to remain calm and approach them with ease, not a fevous anger.

“Lady Beauty,” he spoke loud enough that they would hear him before he crossed into her backyard.

The Bear Shifter stiffened, but released Lady Beauty, who gingerly rose to her feet and held out her arms to him.

“You would openly embrace me after allowing him to do the same to you?”

“You are angry.”

“Yes. I have right to be.”

“Not really.” Lady Beauty patted the bear’s arm and he ambled to his feet and then stumbled into the woods behind him. “I was doing nothing wrong.”

“You was.”

“How so?”

“I can tell you are aware of my claim on you.”

“I am.”

“Then you know that you should not be embracing any other Supernatural Creature.”

“I can embrace whoever I wish. I have not accepted your claim. Nor am I going to, if you keep up this show of male dominance.”

Cain stepped back and tilted his head. His inner beast stirred at the challenge, but not in anger. Nope. His cock hardened so fast it should have split his jeans.

“Do you not think it wise to ask why I allowed someone else to embrace me?”

“No.”

“Then your claim will never be accepted.”

“Doesn’t have to be.”

“That is where you are wrong.”

“You were enlightened to our way of life.”

“I was, which is why I do not have to accept your claim. You chose me without my consent. I have eight months to accept you from the time you approach me. You approached me over five years ago. Never came for me.”

“I did no such thing.”

“Did you not claim me the same day you and Lord Draft discovered me?”

“How did you . . .”

“Mr. Sam showed me the notification he received from Lord Draft.”

Okay, the bear had a name. That gave him something to research. What he didn’t understand was that he’d invesitagated every supernatural being within ten miles of her. No one named Sam was listed among those ten being. Who was he? How come he was not listed? Was he a threat to Lady Beauty?

“What is Mr. Sam’s last name?”

“Does not matter.”

“Does. He is not listen among our kind.”

“Just because you are some big shot does not give you the right to charge in here and upturn people’s lives. I think you have done enough of that by claiming me and not coming to me.”

“I could not.”

“Why is that?”

“If you saw the notification then you know the reason.”

“I do, but if you truly wanted me you would not have allowed such.”

Did she have a point? How could she? He was abiding by the law. There was nothing wrong with that. It was natural to do so. She agreed to . . .

“Mr. Cain Struggles,” A deep rich voice that he had not heard in over ten years reached his ears as a man he thought dead walked into the clearing, pausing twenty feet from Lady Beauty.

Cain couldn’t believe it. Mr. Sam, aka Samuel Sawyers, the baddest bawler among the Supernatural World stood in front of him. The man had been sent out to eliminated a nest of Vampires and never came back. “You are thought to be dead.”

“I should be.” Mr. Samuel Sawyers pointed at Lady Beauty. “She found me in a cave some five miles in the woods. Has been treating me every since.”

Damn. His woman had been aiding a harmed shifter. “What happened to you?”

“I cleaned the nest out, but one of the vampires was Lord Tangler’s son.”




No comments:

Post a Comment