Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, December 8, 2014

What makes a story a romance?

There are guidelines for each and every genre. Some of them become very fine lines. Before I started self-publishing, I didn’t stop and think about genres. I simply found books I liked and read them. Didn’t matter to me if it was classified as a romance, because if it had a character in it that was fallen in love, then in my opinion that section of the book was about a romance. Might not be an in-depth part that created the entire book, but it leaned in that directions.

I’ve learned a lot about classification over the last year and half, but I tell you one thing, I still get stumped over what some people call romance. So, I’m putting this question out there for anyone who wishes to answer.

“What makes a romance story to you?”

Is it the happily ever after, the hot and sweaty sex, or simply an elusion of a possible sexual relationships?

Hope all has an amazing week. Don’t forget to let your imagination soar as you read.

Julia Matthews


No comments:

Post a Comment