Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, October 12, 2015

Phrase Scene - Jungle Bunny


Okay, this weeks phrase sort of just came to me while I was staring at a stuff animal my dad got me earlier in the year. It was a zebra stripe bear wearing a red shirt that says Jungle Boogie. Cutest little stuffy I’ve seen in years. (Child at heart here.) Anyway, I was sitting there trying to think about his blog post and wham Jungle Bunny.

Hope you enjoy the unedited phrase scene this week. And remember:
Let your imagination soar when you read.

Julia

* * *

Couch was going to be my best friend for a couple of whined down hours. Work had been brutal. Five fights broke out that I had to intervene in. Drunks can be either the meanest or the wimpiest. There is no in-between with them.

I stirred the soup I’d heated up and pulled down a bowl, being as quiet as I could so I didn’t wake Rebecca. She had an early shift at the hospital and would have to be up in two hours. We both work so hard to keep money coming in, which is necessary, but it sucks as well. We see little of each other and I missed our date nights.

I stumbled through the dark hallway and into the low lit living room. Step over Rebecca’s white nursing shoes and spot the bundle of blankets piled up on the couch. I groaned, hating that I’d have to fold them before I could sit down. I sat my bowl down and reached for the tiger print blanket that was my favorite and it moved.

A second and closer looks showed the top of a head with black hair. Rebecca. I stood back and stared down at my little Jungle Bunny and sighed at the contentment the sight of her filled me with. My reason for each breath I took each day, the fights I put up with, the alone time I find myself hating, was all for her, my little Jungle Bunny.

“Hey,” her half sleep filled voice had my dick stirring.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to wake you.”

“It’s fine. I was waiting up for you.”

“Jungle Bunny, you shouldn’t have.”

“I always should. You are awake for me each time I come home from work. You have me nice hot meal ready and make sure my lunch is packed. Only fair I return the favor as often as I can.”

“No need, Jungle Bunny.”

“I know, but I want to when I can. I just,” she sighed, “must have been more tired than I realized.”

I leaned over and kissed her cheek. “Go get in bed and sleep the next two hours.”

She pulled her feet up, making sure to keep the blanket over them. “Join me while you eat and brush off the work night.”

There was no refusing her, about anything. She had my number and knew that I would always do as she asked, as long as it wouldn’t hurt her. Me sitting and relaxing while she rest near me wouldn’t, so I sat and let her lay her feet across me. She reached to the coffee table and picked up my soup.

“Eat, baby.”

I took the soup, smiled and said the three words that fit, but didn’t say enough to her. “I love you.”

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment