Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, July 10, 2017

Flash Fiction Scene

Hi,

Hope all had an amazing week, last  week. Mine was a busy one. Camp NaNo started July 1st, so I’ve been working on some new material, while editing on Collar of Truth, Human-Skinned Wolves Book 5. The exhaustion that built up in me while doing both I what inspire this week’s flash fiction scene. Hope you guys enjoy and remember:

Let your imagination soar when you read.
Julia
* * *
Note This is an unedited scene
ADULT CONTENT
* * *
Tap. Tap. Tap. It as all I had heard since I walked through the door. It drowned out the squeak of my shoes against the freshly waxed floor.

“Will you hurry up. We are going to be late.”

Late. Who cared? All she would do is donate more of the hard earned money I made. She loved to spend the money, but despised me to throw her behind on her arrival to all her rich-scuk ass friends. Nope. It was my job to bring home enough money to keep her living the high-social life she grew accustom to the day we said I do. Worse decision of my life. Don’t get me wrong. I love my wife, but I hate how snobby she has become.

“I mean it, Coby.”

I knew she did. If I made her one minute later, she would have a cow when we got home. Not something I could afford. I still had at least four hours of work to do after the benefit. If I didn’t get it done then I would not be able to get Mr. Coffee out of his murder charge, meaning I would never get paid, meaning she would have less money to spend.

“Ready.” I tightened my tie and tugged my sleeves down.

She came up to me and fake kissed each of my cheek and then gave me a light kiss on the lips. “You look amazing.”

Those were the small moments that I looked forward to since I said I do. No matter how aggravated I get at being rushed or working so hard, it was those times that she dropped into the soft, sexy tone that drew me to her the first time I saw her standing in the line to the portable, green bathrooms at the Park Festival.

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment