Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, July 3, 2017

Photo Flash Fiction Scene


Hi,
Hope all are ready to celebrate our freedom and those who serve and have given their lives inorder to keep those freedoms for us. That is sort of what today’s flash fiction scene is about. However, the idea for this scene came from a mythical photo I found on Pinetrest.

Have a great week.
Remember, let your imagination soar when you read.



* * *
Note This is an unedited scene
ADULT CONTENT
* * *

Ray hovered over the pool of freedom, soaking up the energy that her forefathers had generosity given their lives for. Each year the current leader of the Energy Fay, sacrificed his life eldest son’s life. Her family had six souls buried inside the depth of the pool of freedom. Kind of made her happy that she was not a male, then again . . .

“You here again?”

“Yes, father.”

He knelt beside me, taking my hand away from the pool. “It is not wise for you to keep visiting the pool.”

“Why not?”

This was a conversation they’d had for the last two weeks. His answer hadn’t explained why since the first night, and Ray doubted tonight would be any different.

“You do not need to know why.” He tugged her up and tucked her under his arm. “Daughter, you are not the one that will give your life for our people.”

“I know.”

“Then there is no reason for you to come here?”

“There is.”

“Why?”

“My son will one day join our ancestors. I want to know where and how the pool of energy gives us the freedom from the Gray Witch.” More than that. I wanted to know why I would have to sacrifice my eldest child one day.

“We do not know that.”

I did. My future had been predicted two weeks ago by the All-Seerer. She had searched me down while I was cleaning my wings and drew me aside and informed me that my destiny had been decided. Not a fact that every daughter or son of the current leader earned. No one knew why some received such a gift and others did not.

I wasn’t sure it was a gift. I might have been better off not knowing that I would come out victorious in the Battle of Leadership that took place each year. Other words, I would defeat my father and take his place.

“You are not going to tell me more than that, are you daughter?”

“No, father.”

“Good.” He hugged me tight and gave me a light push towards my tent. “Get some sleep and do not let me find you at the pool again.”

“Yes, father.”

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment