Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, June 4, 2018

Photo Flash Fiction


Hi,

Hope all had an amazing week. Mine was busy and I did not get in much writing, but today is my dedicated day to writing. So I hope that this short flash fiction scene allows your imagination soar, like it did me when I saw the photo.

Photo came from: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/597852919255251103/

* * *
If under 18 leave
Unedited Scene
Paranormal Content
* * *

I’d never seen anything like it. The owl sat perched on my leg, staring me in the eye. Movement seemed to have ceased. No other birds chirped. Crickets were quiet. It created a spooky atmosphere, but I was not scared. I knew my bird friend would not harm me.

My other friends freaked out when the owl perched itself on the railing. Hell, when the friendly wild bird hopped onto my lap they took off inside. Shara, my best friend, shouted at me to get inside, but I couldn’t do so. I had to run my fingers through the soft, silky feathers and stare into the bright blue eyes. I wasn’t sure how long I had sat there with the bird on my lap, but by the time it moved back to the railing all but Shara had left.

“Girl, get your ass in here.”

I’d take on more look at the amazing creature and went inside, knowing she was going to give me down the road for being so enthralled by such a wild creature, but I couldn’t help it. The bird had came to my house every night since I was mugged on my way home. Something about the bird eased my distress when I had to leave the house. I wasn’t sure why, but my gut told me that the bird was watching over me.

“You drive me mad.” Shara snatched her purse from the table. “Rest of the girls went home an hour ago. If you care.” She huffed. “I wasn’t going to leave you here for that wild beast to maul.”

“it wouldn’t have.”

“Right.” Shara moved to the door. “Call me tomorrow.”

“Will do.” I watched the door close and then spun back to the balcony. The owl had not moved. He sat with his head high and his eye latched onto me.

An invisible pull had me opening the door and sitting down at the bar. The owl hopped down and waddled to my feet, stopping. It was then that my entire life perspective shifted, right along with the owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment