Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, November 3, 2014

Werewolves Origin

There are loads of folklore on werewolves, as well as how and where they got started. Like with most folklore, there are all kinds of interruptions of their characteristics, skills, and how to become one, this in my opinion makes them interesting. So, when I sat down to write this post, I did some web searches. (Man alive is there a load of websites to referring to this topic.) But don’t worry; I’m not going to slam you with multiple concepts. I narrowed it down to one.

I chose to tell you where the werewolf idea in Western and Northern Europe came from. (At least according to my source, which all sources for this post are listed at the end.) There influence came from Germanic paganism. The French termed the werewolf, loup-garou. Loup-garou is a loaned term from German.

I’m sure that like with most folklore and traditions that are borrowed from other areas, there were differences between the two werewolf version, but that’s what make each folklore more interesting, or at least in my opinion. That’s why I’ve also added a couple of links with the source file that will give you a couple more perspectives on the werewolf origin. These differences also what makes the stories others and I write more entertaining. Not only for our readers, but for us. We get to dream up new ideas, of how each version we write about comes about.

Like I stated earlier there are load more, and you may even have a total different belief in where and how werewolves came to be. If so, I’d love to hear them. Everyone have an amazing week and let your imagination soar when your read or write.

Julia Matthews

Other Perspectives:
            http://alam25.tripod.com/first.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment