Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, January 4, 2016

Flash Fiction Phrase - We've Been Robbed

Hi,
This week’s flash fiction is inspired from the week I had. Someone broke into my house and stole my laptops and USB drives, even the new one my mom bought me two months ago.
So, I hope you guys enjoy my little scene this week. I have no idea what might come across in it, but whatever it is, remember:
Let your imagination soar when you read.
Julia

* * *
Note Strong Language Used.
* * *
“What the . . . Where is . . . Damn it!”
I ran into the other room, cursing with each step, knowing that if the one on the main desk was gone so was the others.
 “What are you doing?” Racheal asked as I entered the master beroom, holding my breath praying I was wrong. I wasn’t.
 “You going to . . .” Rachel’s words trailed off.
I didn’t have to look at her to know her eyes had drifted to the empty spot sitting on her desk.
 “Where the fuck is my computer?”
There was the reaction I was waiting for. My spit-fire of a woman was as protective of her computer as she was me and her parents.
“What are you doing standing there?”
Something hit my upper arm, drawing my attention away from the barren spot where my external drive once resided. Another hard impact to my shoulder had me reaching up to rub it.
 “Call the damn law. We’ve been robbed.”
I shook the roaring that has consumed my head from the fact that every bit of my hard work on the project for the Thompson account was gone. I’d forgotten to upload it to the cloud. Five months of work going poof. That’ll teach me to forget. That’ll teach me to not have my software set to automatically upload to the cloud.
 “Snap out it, Tommy.”
Rachael patted my cheek, a bit harder than necessary and then slammed the phone into my hand.
 “Sooner the law gets here sooner we can find out who violated our home.”
* * *


No comments:

Post a Comment