Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, May 8, 2017

Flash Fiction – Mother’s Day Special


Hi,
Hope everyone is ready for Mother’s Day. It is less than a week away. Thankfully, my always early attitude about gifts, and pretty much everything deadline orientated, I am. Still, I wanted to take this Monday’s Post to Remember my mom.

So, Vickie Matthews, Happy Mother’s Day and you are the best mom in the world.

Hope you guys love this week’s short flash fiction.
Remember: let your imagination soar when you read.
Julia

* * *
Note This is an unedited scene
ADULT CONTENT
* * *

House has to be perfect. Why in the world did Jacob leave his dirty work socks laying in the hallway? He knew today was the most, or one of the most, importants day in our lives.

“Rebecca,” Jacob grabbed my arm, stopping me from bending to pick up the socks. “Calm down, honey. Everything is going to be perfect.”

“How? You’ve left socks laying in the floor. You left toothpaste in the hallway sink, which all you had to do was wait five seconds for me to piss and I would have been out of our bathroom. You left last night snack plate in the sink, without soaking the pizza sauce off the plate. You’ve yet to take the trash out.”

“Honey, breath. Breath.” Jacob tugged me over to the antique accent chair in the hallway. “Sit. Breath. Relax.” He knelt in front of me and took hold of my face. “My mother will love you. You do not have to worry about that. These are all small things.”

He was right. They were, but it was the small things that mothers, and future mother-in-laws would pay attention to. Or I would at least. If I was meeting a son’s future wife I would check every crook and crany to make sure she could take care of my son and the home he works hard to provide.

“I’ve cleaned the hallway sink. I was about to pick up my socks. I’ll get the trash next and clean my plate.” He leaned his head against mine. “You sit here and calm down. Rest. Everything is going to be perfect. My mom will love you.”

“You think?”

“I know she will.”

“Why?”

“Because I do.” He kissed me, melting my entire body. Best way to calm any woman down was a toe-curling kiss and my man knew how to give those. “Damn. You are magic.” I pushed him back and pointed at the socks. “Get them out of my clean hallway.”

“Yes, ma’am.”


“Good future husband.” I sat back and watched him sway his ass as he walked down the hallway and into our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment