Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, May 22, 2017

Flash Fiction Scene – Slow Down


Hi,
Hope all had an amazing week. Mine was busy. I began edits on Collar of Truth, Human-Skinned Wolves Book 4. Still no date of release, but I am working hard on getting it ready to release. I’ve also been trying to do some free writing. Not going so well, but things appear to be slowing down my way. That fact is what inspired this week’s flash fiction scene.

Hope you enjoy.
Remember: Let your imagination soar when you read.
Julia
* * *
Note This is an unedited scene
ADULT CONTENT
* * *
“Time for a break.” Ralph flopped into the leather recliner, kicking his legs up.

“What are you doing?” Jessica reprimand seemed more like a calm question. Had to be the dish towel she shook in the air. “We have to get this done. My parents will be here in an hour.”

“I know.” How could he not. She’d been counting down the time to their arrival for five days. He’s carried at least sixteen bags of clothes, his and hers, to the storage unit. Then there’d been ten trips of furniture. Dang-gum woman tried to make him take his recliner to storage. He set his foot down on that. He didn’t care what her parents thought. They were married. He provided for her, greatly. He protected her from their enimies. They were the one that put her in danger, and there was no way was he giving up his favorite recliner because it would offend her parents sickly taste of furniture.

“Please, help me. The bathroom still has to be sorted through. So does our bedroom.”

“Hold up.” No way would he let her parents inspect their bedroom. The dang people had a cow when Lacy told them she’d married him while on a trip to Vegas.

“Don’t hold up me. We’ve done pissed them off twice. I won’t have them coming in here and downing my hard work.”

“neither will I, but they will not be seeing how you arragned our home. The home you chose. The home I bought you. They will not be inspecting our bedroom. It is our place of soliace. We clear, honey?”

Her lips turned down and she bit her lower lip. An act she knew he had a tough time with. She knew it got her, her way.


“Not this time, honey. I mean it. You have reformed this house to fit their style, not ours. I have to set my food down somewhere and this is it.” He stood and took the towel from her. “Now, I’ll finish the dishes while you rest. You gone at top speed this whole week.”

No comments:

Post a Comment