Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, October 9, 2017

Flash Fiction Scene


Hi,

Hope all had a great week. Mine was busy with errands, but I managed to sneak in some editing time and writing time. Got to get ready for NaNoWrMo. It’s less than a month away. Looking forward to it. Hope you guys enjoy this little scene.

Have a great week and rmember:
Let your imagination soar when you read.
Julia

* * *
Note This is an unedited scene
ADULT CONTENT
M/F/M Content
* * *
“Fourth time this week.”

I groaned. How would I get it through someone head that I’m not interested when he, or she, lord he hoped it was not a she, if they sign it anonymous.

“Jeff Rakes, get in here.”

“Shit.” I muttered. Another day started off on the wrong foot. I should have gotten my ass out of bed before him and came in early. That way I could have thrown whatever had been left on my

I didn’t bother in stopping off at my desk. I squared my shoudlers, tigenting my  grip on the bagged lunch I’d made for Tom before I left the house. Not sure why I did so, but I hoped it appeased his jealous mood.

“Tom, good morning.”

“Don’t morning me.”

I sat his lunch bag on his desk. “You left without anything this morning. Thought you might like my famous club today.”

“Though you could bribe me to ignore your new lover’s little show of affection.”

“Tom, honey, we’ve been over this everyday this week.”

Least those times had been at home where none of the nosy office workers could see a lover’s spat. Each time I told him the same thing. There was no lover. I had no idea who left me those things. Nor did I care.

“Obviously you don’t care to at least tell him to stop being so blunt about your outside relationship.”

“There is no outside relationship.” I sat down in the chair in front of him, crossing my arms.

“So you said all week.”

“That should tell you something.”

“Yeah, you think I’m a dunce.” He slapped his chest.

“Calm your tone, please.” Didn’t have to be looking out the glass office window to know the entire office heard him. “We are at work.”

“Don’t give a rats ass.”

“I do.” I stood and headed for the door.

“If you walk out . . .”

I spun and pointed my finger at him. Kind of diva of me, but I was fed-up with him accusing me of sleeping with someone else after ten fucking years of being at his side. Holding his hand until he worked his way up the corporate ladder and landed in the CEO chair.

“Listen here. Either you trust me, or you tell me to get the fuck out. I’m done with this shit.” Without waiting for a response I marched out to my desk, snatched up the small four-by-four package and carried it back to him. “This is what I think of the packages and you.” I dropped the box into his trash can and marched back out to my desk.

“Jeff?”

Kevin’s tone told all I needed to know. “Why?”

“Thought it was time I told you how I felt and I could never catch you without him at your side.”

“Did that not tell you something?”

“Should have.” Kevin sighed. “I didn’t mean to cause . . . Never wanted you to be unhappy. I’ll go and explain it to Mr. Price.”

“Please don’t.” It would just make him lose his mind and in the state he was in, Jeff might deck him. Then Jeff would lose his job. Not something I wanted, even if him not knowing cost me his love.

“Why?”

“I have my reasons.”

“Then I’ll leave it be and quit sending you things.”

“That would be appreciated.” My shoulders slumped. “Thanks for whatever you sent me today.”

“Thanks. I’m sorry, again.”


“Don’t worry about it.” What else was I to say? He’d most likely ruined my ten year relationship when all he had to do was let his affection be. Not like he didn’t know I was involved with someone. And had been for years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment