Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, May 14, 2018

Flash Fiction



Hi,

Hope all had a great time celebrating their mothers. I sure did. Not sure where this week’s flash fiction came from, but I hope you all are able to let your imagination soar when you read.

Have a great week.
Julia

* * *
If under 18 leave
Unedited Scene
Adult Content
* * *
It’s all he does. Come home. Sit down. Kick his shoes off. Lift the leg of his recliner and click the TV on. That’s it. No hello. No how was your day. Nothing. What was I doing? Where was my life gong? I had nothing left. Mom died two years ago. Dad five years before that. No brothers or sisters. Cousins deglore, but am not close to any of them. The ones I was, have their own families and that is the way it should be, but it leaves me with a man that has little to say to me, or do with me. Yet, I still do what I always do. Wait on him. Cook for him. Give him my heart. Why? What do I gain? What should I do? My mind says leave him and start over, but I’m too old to do that. I set my life’s path in motion so many years ago. Now I am stuck with it. Aren’t I?

“Miss,”

I looked up and the shiny green eyes captivated me so much that I forgot to respond to him. Not that he seemed to mind. He kept right on going.

“I was wondering if you cared if I joined you.”

My head shook, but eye remained latched onto his.

“Thanks. This place is packed.”

Always was. That’s why I had chosen it. I could drown in the noside of others people’s conversation while I debated the never ending situation of my life.

“You come here often?”

I squared my shoulders and forced my eyes to take in the rest of him. Nice slender face with a ski-slope nose that was emphasized by his plump lips. What would they feel like against mine? What was I thinking. There was no reason for me to consider kissing someone else. I was living with someone. Devoted to him. Even though life sucked.

“You okay?”

“Yes.” How could one word sound so helpless.

“Seems like there’s a lot on your mind. Why not let it go and tell me about some of the interesting things around town. I’m new to this area.”

I could do that. There was no harm in that as long as I kept my mind from taking in his broad shoulders. His thick muscled arms. All I had to do was tell him about the sites around town. Not that hard. Do that, drink my coffee, and then leave. I can do that.”

“Well, I suggest . . .”

No comments:

Post a Comment