Journey Series

Journey Series

Thursday, April 17, 2014

A to Z Blogging Challenge word of the day - Odic Shield

Throughout the month each word I’ve picked out has taught me something or explained more on a subject I’d only heard of today. Today’s word is no different. I’d heard of such practice in other areas of research for some of my story ideas, but never knew what word related to it. Today I found out when I read over the definition of Odic Shield.

Odic Shield, is a magical theory and practice of etheric energy around the outer edge of the a human’s aura. It’s to protect the user from hostile magic or spirits who wish to assault them.

I’ve always heard of aura’s and a person’s energy field being used as a type of protection, but never knew in what ways or from what. Today’s word told one way.

Hope all enjoyed today’s post and comes back tomorrow to find out what “P” words I chose.

Remember all my information for the daily chosen words come from:
The New Encyclopedia of the Occult by John Michael Greer.
This particular word can be found on page 340

Have a great day and remember:
 Let Imagination Soar
Write and Read With Creativity

Julia Matthews

5 comments:

  1. I think I've heard reference to odic shield before, but have never known the context - I've learnt something :D
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles - A to Z Ghosts
    Fantasy Boys XXX - A to Z Drabblerotic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julia! P sounds very Promising ;)
    Jemima
    #TeamDamyanti
    Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! I think I have heard of this, but no idea. No worries! You get the credit to giving me the idea!

    Very cool idea really. I'll have to look this up.

    --
    Timothy S. Brannan
    The Other Side, April Blog Challenge: The A to Z of Witches
    Ask an Atheist Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous concept! I don't read much paranormal, but the stuff fascinates me. Thanks for sharing!
    Guilie @ Quiet Laughter

    ReplyDelete