Journey Series

Journey Series

Friday, April 8, 2016

Interview with Tiffany Shand

Hi
Today I’m thrilled to have Tiffany Shand with me again. Last year she introduced the world to the Excalibar Investigations Series, and know she’d like to enlighten us about the newest book in that series. But first, I have a few questions for Tiffany.



“Tiffany, tell me a bit about yourself.”

I’m a writer and editor by trade. I love reading urban fantasy/paranormal romance as well as non-fiction books. One of the things I love to do most is writing or reading. I love animals and I have two demon cats and a lovely fluffy hamster who likes cuddles. I enjoy spending time with my family.”

“How’d you get into writing, Tiffany?”

“One of my earliest memories is writing stories – usually about my pets. After doing a creative writing course in my early 20s I was inspired to go ahead and write and publish my first novel.”

“Did you choose the genre you write in or do your stories lead you?”

“Read my first urban fantasy novel when I was about 15, after becoming bored with contemporary fiction when I thought this is a genre I love and want to write in.”

“Give me all the wonderful facts about when and where I can get a copy of the books in the Excalibar Investigations Series.”

“My two novels, Denai Touch and Denai Bound are both available on Amazon and will be available on all online retailers within the next few months.”

“How did you come up with the idea for the Excalibar Investigations Series?”

“I always wanted to write a story about witches. Had an idea about a woman who was extremely powerful and I wondered what she would be like. What she would do? What kind of person would love her? I always enjoyed crime fiction as well so was natural for me to blend that with fantasy.”

“Who is your favourite character in the story and why?”

“That’s a tough question. I love all my characters in their own different ways. But, I’d have to say that my female protagonist, Cate, is probably my favourite. She is very strong, independent, and feisty. She tells it like it is, but she has a vulnerable side too. I love writing dialogue for her and can’t wait to see what she says next.”

“Last question, will you tell the readers your favourite scene, if you can without giving away too much information?

“That’s a really tough question. There are a lot of scenes I like within the novel. But, the one I had the most fun writing was where Cate went to confront her former nemesis, Tasha from the first book. That was a real battle of wills.”

“Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions. I’m really looking forward to reading your book, myself. I hope each of my follows will check it out as well”


Blurb

Denai witch, Cate McCray should be enjoying married life with her new elemental husband, Jason. But their arrival in a new city soon has them stumbling headlong into a new case with dangerous connections to the very people that govern their world.
Cate and Jason face opposition from those they once considered allies. Together with their team of enforcers, they must find the killer before anyone else dies.
With danger from all sides and the threat of ancient, dangerous magic, the team must pull together and use all their strength to find their enemy before disaster strikes.

Get your copy here:

Denai Bound

You can find out more about Tiffany Shand at anyone of these links.

tiffanyshand.com



No comments:

Post a Comment