Journey Series

Journey Series

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Last day of the A to Z April Blogging Challenge 2016

Hi,
For those of you visiting my blog this is day 26, the last day of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. Today’s corresponding letter is “Z” Today I chose the names Zac and Zabel. Zac is a pretty common name, but Zabel caught my attention because it is a different take on the name Isabel.
Hope you all have enjoyed this month’s post. I know I have enjoyed the writing and gotten many ideas from the names I’ve used. If my imagination takes off on a few of these I’ll be thrilled. If not, then I hope at least one or two of you fellow writers who visited might gain some spark.
Enjoy today’s post and remember to let your imagination soar when you read.
Have a great day.
Julia
* * *
Unedited
Adult Content
* * *
Zabel pushed the stray twig of hair behind her ear. The ear he loved to nibble on while curled up watching a movie. There’d been few of those nights as of late. His internship kept him busy, just like her new baker did her. They were due for a long weekend away, just the two of them.
“Zac,” Zabel threw the paper at him, “are you listening to me?”
He shook his head and grinned. “Your beauty is distracting me.” I stood and moved so I stood over here. “What was my woman going on about when she should’ve been in my lap giving me some attention.”
“Attention! I think that’s what got us into the situation I was telling you about.”
Her words had me taking a couple of steps back. Those words stung him, but he knew the two of them hadn’t been in an argument recently, they’ not seen each other much. Last time they’d both been off work for an entire day they’d spent it in bed. Ignored the phone and all. He got a chewing out from his mom over that, until he told her that if they didn’t spend time together she’d never get grandchildren. Not that the two of them where worried too much about having kids. They were both so busy it was unreal.
“I said . . .” she held her hand, “look.”
He glanced down at the long slender plastic stick. “What’s . . . Oh my! Really?”
“Yes, your mom’s getting her wish.”
“Shit! Shoot. I can’t be cussing anymore.” He dropped to his knees and laid a hand over her flat belly. “We’re having a kid?”
“We are.”


No comments:

Post a Comment